1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these conditions of entry. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is only open to residents of Australia.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. Competition commences 1 November 2015 and entries close on 18 November 2015.
5. Winners will be notified by email and/or phone call before 18 November 2015.
6. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of winners. Each entry will be individually judged according to its merits on the basis of creativity as determined by the promoter in its discretion.
7. To enter, eligible entrants must upload their story to the www.saveourweekend.org.au website.
8. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry, who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that the promoter, in its sole discretion, deems to be offensive, inappropriate, defamatory or otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the competition. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Any incorrect entrant details submitted may render the corresponding entry invalid. It is each entrant’s responsibility to inform the promoter if their personal details change prior to the winner notification date.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person whose name is completed on the submission.
11. The best entries as determined by the promoter, in its sole discretion. The prize is two general admission tickets to the Brisbane Roar game at Suncorp Stadium on Friday 20 November. The prize does not include, and the winner is responsible for, any further connection or other charges.
12. If for any reason whatsoever the prize winner does not take their prize or an element of their prize at the time stipulated by the promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited by the prize winner and neither cash nor any other prize awarded in lieu.
13. Each work submitted as part of an entry become the property of the promoter. As a condition of entry, each entrant irrevocably grants the promoter a non-exclusive perpetual worldwide licence to use and exploit all intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright) in and to the submission and consents the promoter doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the submission which may otherwise constitute an infringement of an entrant’s moral rights. For the avoidance of doubt, the promote use all of part of an entrant’s submission(s) for promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, whether in respect of the competition, the promoter or otherwise. Each entrant warrants the promoter that the submission is an original work of the entrant which does not infringe any rights of any third party. A breach of the warranty set out in this condition will result in the entrant’s submission being invalid. In addition, each entrant indemnifies the promoter against all loss, damages and costs incurred by the promoter arising from that entrant’s breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
14. If a prize (or any part of the prize) is unavailable, the promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternate prize to the equal value and/or specification.
15. If for any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, the competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, the promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, unless to do so would be prohibited by law, to (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) to cancel, suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the promotion.
16. Unless otherwise stipulated, no prize is transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
17. Except for any implied condition, guarantee or warranty the exclusion of which from these conditions of entry would contravene any statute or cause any part of these conditions of entry to be void, the promoter excludes from these conditions of entry all conditions guarantees, warranties and terms, implied by statute, general law or custom.
18. Each entrant consents to the promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), the promoter and/or products/services supplied by the promoter.
19. The promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and provide any goods/services requested and may, for that purpose, disclose such information to third parties. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the promoter. All entries become the property of the promoter.
20. The promoter is the Queensland Council of Trade Unions, Level 5 / 16 Peel Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101